9.17.2008

frozen clock

/* this is actually me and my dear friend ATTHEMiST's composition. we did it, uhm, last december 2007. */

a frozen clock is what i am yesterday
being unable to let go of my past
but today, i came to realize
that the past that haunts me
has no connection to the future
that i am going be have.
life goes on
it's a fact and you can't go back
but why is it hard to let go?
and now, no matter how hard
i try to reminisce,
you woouldn't be here with me again.
i'll just stand here,
waiting for your impossible return.
even though that will only happen in my dreams.
erasing your memories so hard,
it's like killing myself inside.
because the more i try, the more pain i cry.
our happy memories together
would just be an illusion like a star in a morning sky.
my dreams shattered,
my life fell out of place, when you left,
now lost, drenched in pain,
alone in the dark
and floating in an empty space.
that's what i feel.
i should have known, to love you was a mistake.
a fool is what i am now,
thinking that we could be happy together.
all this time, i am pretending to feel your love that wasn't really there.
you and me, happy?
it was a childish fantasy.
being with you as i thought was the best,
the best thing that happened to me.
and yet, i was just dreaming
beacause you'll never be mine.
i should have woke up a long time ago.
i should have came back to reality earlier,.
i wisjh i could turn back time.
oh! i'm such a fool.
now i'm hurting myself with all the memories that died.
if only i could bury those memories and move on...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww. such a lovely poem. is this for real?

Anonymous said...

naexperience mo tlaga to?

claiiresosweet said...

OH!! NO. NO. NO.

this is just a make-believe poem that me and my close friend had written months years ago. ΓΌ

never been heart broken = ME. ^^

Anonymous said...

ahh. ukey! akala ku tlaga totoo.

so dramatic e. nice.

gtg na me.